- Lasegue Test Also called Straight Leg Raise Test
- Aimed to assess the sciatic compromise due to lumbosacral nerve root irritation.
- The straight leg raise test is performed with the patient in a supine position.
- The examiner gently raises the patient’s leg by flexing the hip with the knee in extension
- Considered positive when the patient experiences pain along the lower limb in the same distribution of the lower radicular nerve roots (usually L5 or S1)
- Sensitivity: 91 %
- Specificity: 29 %