Talar Tilt Test
- The Talar Tilt Test is used to examine the integrity of the calcaneofibular /deltoid ligament and Anterior Talofibular ligament.
- The patient lies in the supine or side lying position with the foot relaxed.
- The foot is held in the anatomic (90°) position, which brings the calcaneofibular ligament perpendicular to the long axis of the talus.
- Talus is then tilted from side to side into adduction and abduction
- The laxity is compared to the contralateral side.
- POSITIVE TEST: Excessive movement on adduction