Anterior Drawer Test of the ankle
- Anterior Drawer Test of the ankle is used to evaluate Injuries to the anterior talofibular ligament
- It’s also used to evaluate Anterior Talofibular Ligament injury and/ or ligamentous instability
- The patient lies supine with the foot relaxed.
- the examiner stabilizes the tibia and fibula, holds the patient’s foot in 20° of plantar flexion, and draws the talus forward in the ankle mortise
- POSITIVE TEST
- Excessive anterior translation.
- Sometimes, a dimple appears over the area of the anterior talofibular ligament on anterior translation (dimple or suction sign) if pain and muscle spasm are minimal
- Sensitivity: 74 %
- Specificity: 38 %