FADDIR Test (Flexion ADDuction Internal Rotation) is used for examine the:
- Femoroacetabular impingement syndrome,
- Anterior labral tear
- Iliopsoas tendinitis
- This test is also called Anterior apprehension test of the hip joint.
- Patient is in supine position.
- Affected hip fully flexed or 90 degree flexion.
- Adduct the hip with combined Internally rotation of the hip.
- A positive test is indicated by the production of pain in the groin, the reproduction of the patient’s symptoms with or without a click, or apprehension.
- Sensitivity: 41-60 %
- Specificity: 47-52 %