The Chair Push-up Test
- The Chair Push-up Test To assess for radial collateral ligament insufficiency of the elbow.
- The patient is in a seated position with the hands grasping the arms of the chair.
- The elbows, in about 90° of flexion, are supinated and the arms abducted.
- The patient attempts to rise from the chair by pushing down.
- A positive result will be noted as pain as the elbow slowly extends while the patient rises.
- Apprehension or radial head dislocation in patients with PLRI
- Sensitivity: 87 %