Patellofemoral Grind Test
- Patellofemoral Grind Test is used for the presence of patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (chondromalacia patellae)
- Patient is supine with their knees extended
- Examiner compresses the patella posteriorly onto the femoral condyles and then, moderately move the patella distally
- Examiner instructs patient to contract the quadriceps muscles ( to pull patella proximally)
- POSITIVE TEST: Pain, crepitus, apprehension of the patient as the irritated surfaces of the patella rub over the femur.