- Drop Sign is used to test the Integrity of the infraspinatus
- The patient is seated with his or her back to the examiner.
- The affected arm is held at 90 degrees of elevation in the scapular plane and at almost full external rotation with the elbow flexed at 90 degrees.
- The patient is asked to maintain this position actively as the examiner releases the wrist while supporting the elbow, which is mainly a function of the infraspinatus
- The Drop Sign is positive if a lag or “drop” occurs.
- Sensitivity: 73 %
- Specificity: 98 %