Apprehension and Relocation
- Apprehension and Relocation test is used to test for Anterior Instability
- have the patient lie supine.
- Apprehension test performed by bringing the arm in 90 degrees of abduction and full external rotation and patient experiences sense of instability.
- Relocation test performed by placing examiner’s hand on humeral head applying a posterior force on the humeral head.
- Patient will experience reduction or elimination of sense of instability.
- positive test if the patient experiences the sensation of instability
- Sensitivity: 68-88 %
- Specificity: 50-100 %